In 1951, on the basis of hospital No. 1, the oncological dispensary of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara was founded.
Since 1965, a hospital has been added to the oncological dispensary of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara and it begins to function as “Oncological Center of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara” LLC (No. 118, Pushkin str.)
In 2012, a new stage began in the history of “Oncological Center of the Autonomous Republic of Adjara” LLC, complete reconstruction and rehabilitation of the hospital was carried out, the diagnostic link was restored, new directions were introduced, the hospital began to function as a high-tech multidisciplinary medical institution called “Medcenter”.
Medcenter is a high-tech, multidisciplinary medical and diagnostic medical institution. The hospital has introduced diagnostic tests that meet international standards, which is very important in the medical field. All this allows the population to receive services that meet international standards without leaving the country.